About the Firm
Determined Davenport Employment Attorneys Protect Your Civil Rights
Knowledgeable counsel and proactive representation for workers in the Quad Cities
O'Brien & Marquard, P.L.C. is a law firm dedicated to helping working people get justice. If you have been unfairly denied overtime, been subjected to discrimination, suffered wrongful termination, or faced unlawful harassment, we are prepared to take decisive steps to uphold your legal rights. Our attorneys have more than 40 years of combined experience, which includes litigation victories against several powerful employers on behalf of working people. Located in the heart of Davenport, our practice serves clients throughout the Quad Cities area of eastern Iowa and west central Illinois.
Reputable lawyers confront injustice for Iowa and Illinois workers
In today’s economy, workers often feel they are at the mercy of their employers, no matter how hardworking and loyal those employees may be. O'Brien & Marquard is determined to level the playing field for employees by providing:
- Reliable counsel — We fully explain the law and how it applies to the facts of your situation, so you can make an informed decision about how to proceed with your case. Throughout the legal process, we provide timely and pertinent advice on new developments.
- Determined advocacy — We are passionate about obtaining justice for workers, especially when they are at a disadvantage against a powerful employer.
- Ethical representation — Our firm is dedicated to providing clients with the highest levels of service and respect. Attorney Dorothy O'Brien has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for her high ethical standards and professional ability.
Because of our commitment to helping workers who are disadvantaged in their fight for justice, O'Brien & Marquard only represents employees, never employers.
Areas of Practice
Passionate Iowa attorneys stand by mistreated workers
Our law firm provides determined representation for employees in civil rights
and labor and employmen
t disputes related to:
- Wage and overtime — If your employer has used illegal tactics to deny you a lawful wage or overtime, we fight to get you the full compensation you deserve.
- Wrongful termination — We protect employees who have been wrongfully terminated due to discrimination or in violation of whistleblower protections.
- Severance agreements — When it’s time to separate from your employer, we can help you negotiate a severance package. If your employer has violated the terms of a severance agreement, we can fight to enforce your contractual rights.
- Sexual harassment — We represent workers who have been the victims of sexual harassment, through unwanted sexual advances or a hostile work environment.
- Gender discrimination — We are staunch advocates for equal pay for equal work: we stand beside female employees in their struggle for fair treatment when facing gender discrimination.
- Noncompete agreements — If you signed a noncompete agreement that unfairly limits your ability to earn a living, or if your employer is accusing you of violating a noncompete, we represent your interests and fight for your rights.
- ERISA: Our attorneys fight for your rights to employer-provided benefits covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). We use our experience and knowledge to help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve.
Even when you think you have no recourse against your employer’s unfair behavior, the law is often on your side. A knowledgeable and determined lawyer from O'Brien & Marquard can help you get the justice you seek.
Contact our Davenport law firm for passionate employment law representation
If you are a worker who’s suffered injustice anywhere in the Quad Cities metropolitan area, O'Brien & Marquard, P.L.C. can provide effective representation to help you pursue justice. Call 563-265-2392 or contact us online
to schedule an initial consultation. Our Davenport office is conveniently located at 2322 E. Kimberly Road, about half a mile west of the I-74 interchange with U.S. 6. Depending on the nature of your case, we may be able to offer representation on a contingency fee basis.